Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School thus far

Well...I noticed that because I'm a senior, I carry myself differently on campus now. Not in a cocky way, but because I'm confident as a college student and in who I've become in the past few years. I used to be very self conscious about how I looked, what I was wearing, if I looked dumb tripping or falling off my bike...which I still do trip and fall often...but I don't care about what anyone thinks. That makes me happy and proud because I've learned to be confident as a woman of God. I surprisingly received straight A's and a $1000 scholarship last semester and God showed me that I AM a good college student and that I CAN be successful.

I am into my second week of school and I'm so excited! I am enjoying my sign language class more and more every day. It's so interesting and fun. I love it! My internship is going well also. I am at the Winslow, which is an independent living facility for older adults. I hung out with a 94 year old woman this week and she's phenomenal! She broke her hip a year ago and is walking now hardly using a cane. She healed so quickly and she's just a blast to be around. I play Skipbo with her and a gentleman as often as possible.

Other than that, I'm enjoying spending time with Tim. He's so good to me and we are just happy being together. There's no stress and no awkwardness. I've never been this happy before in my life! :)

1 comment:

Cory and Kendi Knop said...

I want to see the hair. Take a snapshot and post it!! Love you!