Friday, December 19, 2008

My Last Fall Semester

I only had one final this semester, which was SWEET, and it was a take-home. I have to say, saving all my electives for my senior year was the way to go!! I got a 97% on my Gerontology final! Next semester, I only have one online class to finish my Gerontology certificate and my senior seminar to finish my major. The rest of my classes are electives. I can't wait! :) I'll be working out 5 days a week, 8 times a week with my three health and exercise classes. I'm hoping to get in really good shape before graduation.

Other than finals this week, I had to say my final goodbyes at work. It wasn't as hard as when I made the announcement, but I will be back to visit, I'm sure. I also went to the Avery House for a tour and the gal that gave the tour is 95 years old. :) I went earlier this semester and didn't get to finish the tour, so I went back. It was really cute and as we said our goodbyes...until I start my new job in January...she gave me a hug and a kiss on the cheek. It's not every day I get to cherish a moment like that. :) It's people like her that makes me excited to start my career and work with older adults. There was also another resident I saw earlier this week that gave me a huge hug before I left. They're so amazing there and I'm getting excited to start my new job.

Today, I went to the Air Force commissioning ceremony. One of my good friends who I met through ROTC Bible study back when I was in ROTC freshman year was commissioning. I knew 3 of the 4 and saw a few good old friends. It was nice to go. I got a little teary-eyed even though I didn't know everybody extremely well, but it's a momentous occasion for them and it was nice to be a witness to it.

I leave for home Monday morning. :) I sing Sunday night, so I can't leave just yet. I went to the doctor...AGAIN...today and they don't know what's wrong with my throat. I don't have any other signs or symptoms of a cold or strep, but they're going to call within the next couple of days. They already tested for strep, so it's not that, which is good. I just hope we can figure out what it is.

No comments: