Thursday, October 23, 2008

Surprise!






Tim surprised me today with flowers! :) We didn't see each other yesterday and weren't going to see each other until tomorrow afternoon, but he was in town and came to see me. :) It totally made my day! I've been busy doing homework and putting my schedule together for next semester, but his short interruption was great. (The pictures don't really do the flowers as much justice as they deserve).

Speaking of my schedule, I am ready to register for the last time!! I met with my advisor today and I'm STOKED for next semester! It's going to be a nice semester to go out on. I'm taking my senior seminar, one online class to complete my gerontology certificate, the second level of sign language (which I'm uber excited about), ethnicity and the media, volleyball, and racquetball. It'll be fun. :)

Yesterday, I went to the Avery House and got a tour from one of the gals from my internship site. She's 94 years old and is the sweetest thing! A couple months ago, my internship site went on the trolley ride through part of town and she was there pointing out the Avery House to me. It's a historical house and she volunteers there once a month. I told her that I wanted to come see her when she was there, so I went yesterday and she talked my ear off! It was a great time! She was so excited that I had come and she introduced me to everyone. I love seeing her smile! We only toured the bottom floor because we didn't have time to go upstairs. I had class but I told her we'll have to make time to do the rest of the house. I saw her this morning and she said she had a really good time yesterday showing me around. :) We decided that since she only goes once a month, we're going to try and figure a time her and I and another resident can go (because she has a key) and she'll give us a personal tour then. :)

After we chatted for a bit, we went over to one of the rehab facilities and gave out the pumpkins we decorated for Halloween. It was so wonderful giving residents over there these little gifts! Their faces lit up and it was a great moment for all of us. The residents over there thought we were selling them, but they were just a gift and they loved them! They all put them in their windows. So, lots of joy today with interning and my wonderful boyfriend surprising me with flowers. :)

No comments: